Software Project Management: A Unified Framework
Software Project management presents a new management framework uniquely suited to the complexities of modern softwrae development. Walker Royces pragmatic perspective exposes the shortcomins of many well-accepted management priorities and equips software professional with state-of-the-art knowledge derived from his twenty years of successful from-the-trenches project management experience.
Table of Content
- Software Management Renaissance
A Software Management Process Framework
- Conventional Software Management.
- Evolution of Software Economics.
- Improving Software Economics.
- The Old Way and the New.
Software Management Disciplines
- Life-Cycle Phases.
- Artifacts of the Process.
- Model-Based Software Architectures.
- Workflows of the Process.
- Checkpoints of the Process.
- Iterative Process Planning.
- Project Organizations and Responsibilities.
- Process Automation.
- Project Control and Process Instrumentation.
- Tailoring the Process.
Case Studies and Backup Material
- Modern Project Profiles.
- Next-Generation Software Economics.
- Modern Process Transitions.
- Top ten principles for modern software management
- Strategies for smoothly transitioning an organisation to modern processes and technologies (such as Rational's Unified Process)
- Methods for keeping software engineering teams motivated and effectively prioritized
- Insight into how technology, people, and economics impact project management
- Metrics and forecasting guidance for project costs, schedules, and quality control